Navamsa - Sanjay Rath
NAVAMSA - Sanjay Rath In Sanskrit, “Nava” means graha. That is why Navamsha is called “Grahamsa” too. Similarly “Dwadasa” means Surya, so dwadasamsa is called “Suryamsa” too. Because another name for number twelve is “surya”. According to Parasara, Navamsa Kundli is supposed to be regular i.e. in order of zodiac signs. Means 1st Navamsa of Mesha Rashi will be in Mesha sign only. So if we divide sign Mesha in 9parts, first nine Navamsha’s will be of first nine Rashis (i.e. Mesha to Dhanu). Then first Navamsa of Vrishabha sign will be in Capricorn. Vrishabh Navamsa native has tendency to doubt everyone. Vargottama Rashis In movable signs, own sign Navamsa will be in the first amsa of that sign. In fixed signs, own sign Navamsa will be in the fifth amsa of that sign. In dual signs, own sign Navamsa will be in the last amsa of that sign. If we consider Mesha as “Pratham Rashi or Brahma Rashi”. Vrishabha as “Dwitiya Rashi or Vishnu Rashi”. Mithuna as “Tritiya or Shiva Rashi”. Then beginning relates more to Brahma, middle relates more to Vishnu, and end relates more to Shiva. So first Varga of “Pratham or Aarambh Rashi” is called Vargottam. As Brahma is connected with beginning, so it has energies of Brahma. Mesha, Karka, Tula and Makara are classified under “Aarambh Rashi”. 5th Varga of “Madhyam Rashi” is called Vargottam. As Vishnu is connected with “Madhyam”, so it has energies of Vishnu. Vrishabha, Simha, Vrischika and Kumba are “Madhyam Rashis” Last Varga “Tritiya Rashi” is called Vargottam. As Shiva is connected with “End”, so it has energies of Shiva. Mithuna, Kanya, Dhanu and Meena are “Tritiya or Shiva Rashi.” If any planet is placed in Vargottam Rashi, All characteristics of that planet are seen in the native due to blessings of deity related to the Rashi (i.e. Brahma’s Blessings for Movable Rashi Vargottam, Vishnu’s Blessings for Fixed Rashi Vargottam, Shiva’s Blessings for Dual Rashi Vargottam) Results of different grahas placed in vargottam rashi: Mercury: Good speech, Good learning and understanding Jupiter: Wisdom, supreme intelligence Venus: Tremendous willpower, Good Ojas Moon: Very strong mind Sun: Leadership Ketu: Powerful Mathematics, intuition Mars: Good physical strength Rahu: Power to break all boundaries Saturn: Power to tolerate grief If Lagna is Vargottam: Long life
Dharma from Navamsa 9th Bhava is Dharma Bhava. 4 pillars of dharma are: 1. Vishwa Dharma (Vasudhaiwa Kutumbakam) 2. Rashtra Dharma (Dharma for Nation) 3. Samaj Dharma (Dharma for society) 4. Swa Dharma (Dharma for self) In satya-yuga, person follows all 4dharmas. In treta yoga, person forgets vishwa dharma and follows 3dharmas. 1. Rashtra dharma 2. Samaj dharma 3. Swa dharma. In Dwapar yoga, person forgets Vishwa dharma and Rashtra Dharma and follows 3dharmas. 1. Rashtra dharma 2. Samaj dharma 3. Swa dharma. In kaiyuga person follows only swa dharma. Movable signs are classified into 4parts
1. Mesha- Satya Yuga 2. Kark- Treta Yuga 3. Tula- Dwapar Yuga 4. Makara- Kali Yuga So any graha in Mesha Navamsa or in trines thereof shows that person will have power to follow all 4dharmas. Similarly, Kark-3dharma. Tula-2dharmas. Makara- only 1dharma Similarly Trines of these signs will behave like these signs only. Like, Simha and Dhanu are in trines to mesha, so planets placed in these navamsh will also follow all 4dharmas. In periods of grahas placed in Vrishabha, Kanya, Makara sign, person will follow Swa-dharma only. Because in these periods person gets very less fruits compared to the work he has put in, so he will not be able to follow other 3dharmas due to lack of resources. 4directions of dharma: 1. Dharma: Rashis in Trikona of Navamsa Lagna 2. Artha: Rashis 2,6,10 houses from navamsa Lagna 3. Kama: Rashis 3,7,11 houses from navamsa Lagna 4. Moksha: Rashis 4,8,12 houses from navamsa Lagna 2nd house (Arth Trikona) house is part of arth trikon. 2nd house is application of learning. Applying knowledge to work is because of blessings saraswati. 2nd house is like the 1st house (intelligence) and 5th house (study). So when intelligence and study come together, we get 2nd house working in arth trikona. 2nd house- shows learning naturally through practice. Because 2nd house is close to lagna and lagna is the most natural house, so you are learning it naturally 6th- learning from teacher and not naturally through practice In 2nd house learning comes through self-study and in 6th house learning comes from teacher. Because 4th is the house of learning, and 4th from 2nd house is 5thhouse of self practice, and 4th from 6th house is 9th house of guru. Results of various planets in 2nd house: Shukra and ketu in 2nd house- sit at home and learn and practice lot of jyotish. So that you can become expert in jyotish. Saturn in 2nd- learning old knowledge. Knowledge coming from elders. Involving in elder’s business. Sun-photography Ketu-using software Venus- management 2nd
10th house in Navamsa (Arth Trikona) Shubha planet in 10th house gives guaranteed wealth in its dasa. Wealth comes in dasa of that planet, due to previous life’s donation in the temple of the deity related to that sign. So what you have given is what you are getting back. If Ashubh Planet in 10th house takes away wealth in its dasa. Wealth goes due to not keeping the promise of giving money in previous life. So money goes in this life. Similarly if benefic planet owns 10th house of d9, there is gain of money in its period. And if 10th house of d9 is owned by malefic planet, person will lose money in its dasa-antar. Mercury is best in the 10th house. Rahu is worst in the 10th house. If rahu in 10th house, person spends carelessly. Jaimini says “If mercury is placed in 10th house of d9, then shani’s effect will come on navamsa lagna (Buddhi).” Saturn effect on lagna means person will be very hardworking and follower of scripture and traditional.” Effect of planet on lagna due to planet placed in 10th house is found using “Vara Chakra Rule”. In this rule, we take planets in order or their weekday lordship starting from planet sun for Sunday, and in the end after Saturn for Saturday, we includes rahu and ketu. Mercury in 10th will give Saturn effect on lagna because lagna is 4th house from 10th house and Saturday is 4th day when counted from Wednesday. If Venus in the 10th, lagna will have effect of ketu on lagna. Ketu’s effect on lagna will give interest towards maths, jyotish and will give good intuition.
If Rahu in 10th, lagna will have effect of moon. Inclined towards luxuries, enjoyment and songs during rahu period, travelling for satwa (pilgrimages). Venus gives travelling for rajas i.e. luxuries, where as moon gives travelling for satwa i.e. pilgrimages. If any planet is in 10th house of d9, gaining and losing money will matter a lot in person’s life. For example if mercury in 10th house in d9, person will work more hard if given more money. 3rd lord in 10th- makes you fight in karma. This is not good. 3rd House (Kama Trikona): house shows the ability person has in hand that can give bhagya. That ability can become native’s livelihood, because 3rd house is aspects 9th house 3rd is the house of guru upadesa too. That planet will bring teachings of guru to you. So one can easily learn skills of that planet, which will be useful in future. Person will be carrying different things in hand with different planets in 3rd house. Venus- painting Mercury-sculpting, writing Mars- Spear (=A long pointed rod used as a tool or weapon) Sun- sword, fire, knife Moon-water or things related to water Guru- rosary Saturn- Club (gada-गदा) 3rd
7th house (Kama Trikona) 7th house of d9 shows influences on lagna of spouse. If there is any planet in 7th house, your nature can be influenced due to your spouse. Many times, we see some people totally changing after marriage; these people have planets in their 7th house of d9. So it’s good to have 7th house empty. Spouse will have to digest all negative qualities of planet placed in 7th house of native. If your 7th house has Saturn, wife has to handle your negative Saturn. She has to handle when you are depressed. If Saturn is well placed like in exaltation sign or own sign, she will digest your grieves. Otherwise, she will be the cause of your grief or she has to handle the grief caused to you by others. Spouse nature will be according to planet in 7th house, or if 7th house is empty take lord of 7th house. If you have Saturn placed in 7th, your wife will surely have strong Saturn in asc or trines or will be conjoining their lords. 7th lord in 6th in d9- wife will be inimical to you 4th from 7th house i.e. 10th is the house for mother-in-law Malefic in 10th- bad mother in law. Benefics in 10th- good mother in law Jupiter in 10th- mother-in-law will be very good, and will always stand by you in your bad times. 4th house (Moksha Trikona) house of d9 shows purity of native’s heart. If benefic planets are placed there, heart is considered pure. If paap grahas sit there, person’s heart will be impure. If paap grahas sit in 4th house, person disrespects lord Vishnu. If shubh grahas placed in 4 th house, person will respect and love lord Vishnu and treats whole world as family. Don’t take ketu as paap graha for this analysis, as it is moksha karaka and we see 4 th house for moksha as it is one of the moksha trikonas and purity of heart is necessary for moksha. Malefics in 4th give spoil the health of native, but benefics in 4th will give good health to native. Because this grahas placed in this house influence mind very quickly, happiness and grief come from this house only. Planet sitting in the 4th house is the form of divine mother related to that planet. So worshipping this goddess will eliminate all bad effects of planet placed there, and you will get the path for salvation. So 4th is the house of mother and it is also the house of gati. 4th
8th House (Moksha trikona): is the house of debt. It is necessary to be totally free from karmik debts to get moksha. Astakshari mantras are best to clear the karmik debt. Only way to get freedom from the debt is mantras. Important thing taught in mantra shastra is mantra charan. 1 charan is made of 8letters. And gayatri mantra is 24 letter mantra, which has 3 charans in it, each of 8 letters. Gayatri mantra is very powerful mantra to 8th
make you completely debt free. Or we can recite any other mantra which is in the gayatri Chhanda (छं द), it will work like gayatri. Vishnu’s ashtakshari mantra is also in gayatri chhand. Gayatri mantra has power to give freedom from all bad karmas, curses and debts. No other mantra is superior to this mantra. Planet in 8th house of d9 shows your debt, and you have to pay off this debt. That planet will always make you pay off debt in its dasa, and if you deny paying off, the planet has power to destroy your 7 th house (Kama bhava and desires). That’s why 8th house causes destruction of 7th house. If 8th lord gets connected with Saturn, then no escape. During MD-AD of planet in 8th house or lord of the 8th house marriages can break down. Even if shubh graha is placed in 8th or becomes lord of 8th, then also it can break marriage If 8th lord is placed in Kendra in strength, marriage stability will be questioned. Remedy for that is to strengthen 7th lord of d9. 8th lord in lagna in d9 is always bad for marriage even if it’s Jupiter. Lata mangeshkar had 8th lord Jupiter in Leo lagna, she didn’t marry at all 12th House (Moksha Trikona): 12th house from AK is moksha of soul. 12th house from lagna is moksha for lagna (moksha for intelligencemeans sleeping) Significations of grahas placed in 12th house of d9 will be destroyed. If shukra is in 12th house of d9, person will not be able to marry. Unless that shukra is in exaltation or in own house OR it is strongly supported by Jupiter OR some other planet which is strongly supporting marriage, likely then person will get married. So 12th lord is very bad as far as material world is concerned. But planet placed in 12th is good for 4th house as its 9th from 4th. So it’s good for spirituality. Because d9 is amsa of bhagya, planet placed in 12 th house has power to destroy your bhagya. This planet can never be your friend. Similar way, no planet is better friend of you, than the benefic planet sitting in 10th house as it gives guaranteed wealth in its period. Dharma Trikona Trines: Planets placed in trines of d9, are god’s blessings to us. Person will have the good knowledge related to that planet. Planets in ascendant- ability will come from birth. Born with that knowledge Planets in 5th- ability will come from self-studies Planets in 9th- ability will come from guru kripa, means you have to learn from a teacher to get that ability Shukra in d9 asc gives good painting skills, fine arts. Ketu in d9 asc gives interest in spiritual discussion. Sun in trines gives knowledge of rhythm (musical instrument), dance. Moon in trines gives knowledge of singing. Mercury makes body flexible (dancing), if mangal influences it, person will be good sportsman. Jupiter in d9 ascendant gives knowledge of Sanskrit.
Navamsa Ascendant and delivery: Malefics planets (excluding sun) in d9 asc or conjoining asc lord of d9 give problem during the delivery of native. If rahu/ketu in d9 lagna, person’s delivery will be very difficult. Forceps delivery is guaranteed. Moon denotes birth. Rahu obstructs moon. So rahu in d9 lagna shows difficulty in birth, and such a person will have weak Chandra. As mars in d9 lagna or conjoining asc lord of d9 gives cesarean delivery, women worship hanuman before delivery so that they can be saved from cesarean delivery. Strength of planets in giving results: How intensively concerned planet is capable to give fruits will be decided from its placement with respect to asc lord of d9. Planets placed in Kendra or trikona to d9 lagna lord, will flourish and intensively give good/bad results as per their agenda. Others will not flourish much and will give negligible results or no results at all.
For example planets placed in trines of d9 asc may not give abilities signified by them, if they are not placed in Kendra or trikona to lagna lord. Similarly analyze planets placed in other houses too. If planet giving results is involved in exchange with an another planet, it will give results of the another planet. For example if 3rd house of d9 has venus but it is in exchange with mercury, then person would be carrying the things related to sculpting/writing than the things related to painting.
YOGA: - Union/coming together of two or more planets is called yoga. - Only planets are considered for Yoga and not rashi, as we see “Jadatma (जडात्मा)” through rashis and “Jeevatma (जीवात्मा)” through grahas. And only “Jadatma” contribute in making Yogas. - All nonliving things (like table, chair, stones etc.) are categorized under “Jadatma”. Jadatma only support in yoga but they do not contribute in creating Yoga. Only Grahas contribute in creating yoga.
SAMBANDHA (RELATIONSHIPS) FORMED BY GRAHAS: There can be 4types of sambandha between grahas. 1.
Purn Sambandha/ Complete Relationship: - This type of sambandha happens in parivartana yoga. It creates perfect bondage between grahas involved in the sambandha. - As this type of yoga is considered complete, and it will fructify right from birth.
2. Yuti Sambandha/ Relationship by Conjunction: - Yuti means coming together. When two or more planets sit in one house, it is called Yuti. - Yuti is also considered one type of Purn Sambandha, but it is little weaker than the sambandha caused by parivartana, because, when two grahas sit together they will work for each other, help and support each other, work for the same goal but between them differences of opinion is also possible in Yuti Sambandha. Like man-woman get married and form a yuti by coming together, they may have differences of opinions due to which they may fight too, but yuti sambandha goes on like permanent bondage. Similar things happen with grahas too, who come into sambandha by Yuti.
3. Drashti Sambandha/Relationship by Aspect: - When there is aspect between planets, this type of sambandha is formed. This type of sambandha is consider weak, because it depends upon willpower of the planet, if there is a will, yoga will work, otherwise yoga will not work. - For example in lord shree Ramas Kundli jupiter is sitting with moon, representing lord Shree Rama, and mars is placed in 7th house representing Lord Hanuman. They didn’t have relationship from birth. The yoga became complete when Lord Rama and Lord Hanuman wished to meet each other, so due to their wish the yoga became complete. -Yuti sambandha and drasti sambandha fructify in future, but parivartana sambandha fructifies from birth only.
4. Incomplete Parivartana -This type of sambandha is considered very weak. And in analysis of Yogas, we consider only first 3types of sambandha, and ignore the 4th type of sambandha. -In this type of sambandha, planet A is placed in the house of planet B, and planet B is just aspecting the house of planet A. So planet B has the desire to move into the house of planet A, and complete the parivartana. - For example, Jupiter is placed in arise (sign of mars) and mars in Virgo aspecting houses of Jupiter. This means Jupiter went to the house of mars, and completed his work. But mars will work for Jupiter only when he will wish to work. This yoga will also fructify future, as we have to analyze when mars will wish to work for Jupiter. - Normally wish power of planets fructifies in natural years of planet. Following are the natural/maturity ages of planets: Mars: 27-28yrs
Sun: 21-22yrs Moon: 23-24years Venus: 25-26 years Jupiter: 16 or 32years Saturn: 35-36 years Mercury: 31-32years Rahu: 41-42 years Ketu: 47-48 years Sometimes dasas are checked to predict about fructification of planet’s wish power.
MAHAPURUSH YOGAS: -IF any planet is in parivartana with itself, like Jupiter in Pisces will have parivartana with himself, than that planets gets strength to generate mahapurursh yoga. But yoga will be generated only if it is placed in Kendra. Because here kendras/Vishnu sthan are considered purush and trikonas/laxmi sthan are considered stri. -Ascendant is considered secondary trikon, and primary Kendra. - Five Mahapurursh yoga give strength of 5elements 1. The one with Hans mahapurush yoga will have completeness in aakash tatva. 2. Shash mahapurush yoga gives too much strength of vayu to the native. 3. Ruchak mahapurush yoga gives strength of fire to the native. Yoga gives strength to fight in wars 4. Malavya mahapurush yoga gives strength of water. Due to which person will always stay happy and will get happiness of all kinds 5. Bhadra mahapurush yoga gives power of earth element. Native with this yoga will wish to rule the whole world. -To understand results of mahapurush yogas, always check what is the “Aayan (आयन)” of the planet giving mahapurush yoga. Here “Aayan” of the planet is the house, where the planet gets digbala. Mahapurush yogas always work in their “Aayan” -Following are the results of different mahapurush yogas according to their “Aayan” 1. Malavya Mahapurush Yoga: As shukra gets digbala in 4th house (luxuries and comfort), person will focus in his own luxuries and comfort. 2. Bhadra Mahapurush Yoga: This Yoga gives “Aayan” of lagan (fame). Means person will wish for great name fame in Bhadra mahapurush yoga. 3. Hans Mahapurush Yoga: As Jupiter gets digbala in lagna (intelligence), this Mahapurush Yoga is said to be giver of knowledge and intelligence. 4: Ruchak Mahapurush Yoga: This yoga gives Aayan of 10th house (Karma), so it gives strength to accomplish all type of karmas. 5. Shasha Mahapurush Yoga: This yoga gives Aayan of 7th house (desires). So native born under this yoga will always be indulged in his own desires, starting from food all the desires he will want to be fulfilled.
LAXMINARAYAN YOGA: - If two or more planets owning Kendra and trikona if make any of above explained 4sambandhas, Laxmi narayan yoga is formed. - If one planet becomes lord of Kendra and trikona, it becomes yoga karaka itself. - Ex. In Lord Rama’s Kundli, yoga karaka is mangal. He received great support of lord hanuman to perform his karmas. - Mangal in 7th, becomes shatrujeet as mars always destroys 12th house and planet placed in 12th from the house from its placement. - Laxmi narayan Yoga is considered Raj yoga, which comes from god’s grace/ by mighty gayatri’s grace.
Different types of Laxmi narayan yogas: 1.
4kendras are said to be 4legs of dharma. 10,7,4,1 is the order of kendras in decreasing strength. 10th lord making sambandha with trine lords: - If 9th and 10th lord are forming sambandha, it is called dharmakarmadhipati yoga. It’s said to be the highest yoga in jyotish. - The person who will take birth under this yoga, it is guaranteed that person will follow dharma in his karmas. God will use hands of such native to do karmas for the good of society. -This yoga comes by blessings of goddess shakti.
2. 7th lord making sambandha with trine lords: If 7th lord is forming sambandha with trikona lords, then also person does too much for the welfare of society/world. This yoga comes by blessings of Lord Shiva. Native with such combination will like to know about all the religions present in this universe. Such person will not be inclined towards one particular dharma, and will treat all the religions equally. This sambandha gives broad minded approach to the native. 3. 4th lord making sambandha with trine lords: - This Yoga comes by blessings of Lord Vishnu. - If 4th lord is forming sambandha with trikona lords, that person is loved by lord Vishnu, and considers whole world as his family. - Vishnu comes from “Vasudhaiwa Kutumbakam”; person who doesn’t in “Vasudhaiwa Kutumbakam” is not liked by lord Vishnu. - 4th lord if forms sambandha with lords of trikona, hriday/heart gets cleaned, and “Vasudhaiwa Kutumbakam” mantra is believed by heart, so native born under this yoga considers whole world as his family and serves them, and he lives for society. 4. Lagna lord making sambandha with trine lords: - This Yoga comes by blessings of Lord Surya.
Gayatris in Laxmi narayan Yoga 4kendras are believed as 4gayatris. 4gayatris are worshipped during 4sandhis/sandhya of a day. Brahma Gayatri / Savirtu Gayatri/ Surya Gayatri: Brahma Gayatri is active during the time of sunrise, when sun is in the lagna. It has power of sun’s blessings, and sun is worshipped during this time. Suryoday time is known as surya sandhi or brahma sandhi too. 2. Vishnu Gayatri: Vishnu Gayatri is said to be active during madhyahan/ abhijeet muhurta. Sun is in the 10 th house during the time of Vishnu Gayatri. As 4th house from the sun rises as lagna during this time, it shows Vishnu’s blessings. Any person who prays to Vishnu or Krishna, before taking food during Vishnu gayatri period, that person will never see shortage of food in his life. 3. Shiva Gayatri: As Suryast is believed to be ast (end) of life/day. Shiva Gayatri is active during this time as Shiva is associated with destruction/end. 7th house from sun rises as lagna during this time, and 7 th house is said to be Shiva’s house, so it shows blessings of Shiva. Whenever life/day sets, Shiva gayatri runs. Mrityunjai mantra is recited in anushtup chhand during this time. 4. Turya Gayatri/Kali Gayatri/Devi Gayatri: -Word turya literally means chaturth/fourth, so this is fourth gayatri of the day. -Turya Gayatri is active when 10th house from sun rises as lagna, which shows blessings of holy mother. - People desirous of salvation worship Kaali in jagati chhand during this time. - It is called Jagran too. Because when the world sleeps, you will stay awake and worship Kaali. 1. -
DISCUSSION ON LORD SHREE RAMA’S CHART Laxmi Narayan Yogas in Shree Rams Chart: 1.
Lagnesh and 9th lord making sambandha lagna, so it shows sun’s blessings. -If person with Kundli having this combination comes to you for knowing the reason of his birth, advise them to worship lord surya. So whenever lagnesh is involved in Laxmi narayan yoga, advise person to worship surya. 2. Lagnesh and 5th lord mutual aspect is making Laxmi narayan yoga, -This is bhavishya yoga, as sambandha by aspect fructifies in future. 3. 9th and 10th lord aspecting each other, so he will get help from mother goddess, due to which he would do some great karma in society, for which he will always be remembered.
Other discussions on Shree Rama’s Chart
-Lord Laxmana has similar Rashi chart as Lord Rama, as he was born in Kark lagan the next day after Shree Rama’s birth. The only difference is, laxman had moon in ashlesha nakshatra, that’s why laxman is called “Vasuki” too. -Lord Bharat was born on the same day as Rama, but in the evening with Pisces ascendant, and moon in pushya. - All 4brothers were born within 2days. - Lord Laxman had moon in ashlesha naksatra, and he once doubted Lord Bharat who had Meena lagan, because ashlesha nakshatra will never believe jupiter sign, where as pushya nakshatra (naksatra of lord shree Rama) will blindly trust jupiter lagan. Devta of ashlesha nakshatra is sarp devta, who doesn’t trust bruhaspati. -Always try to analyze nakshatras from devtas, as mind works under influence of devtas. -Bharini nakshatra is considered bad as its naksatra is owned by Yama (the lord of death). Butchers are born under this naksatra, their hands will not hesitate while killing someone. They are experts in war.
ABHIJEET RASHI -In jyotish, 4th house from surya is said abhijeet rashi. There is akshaya patra (Akshaya patra means the vessel in which food never falls short) in this rashi. -Praying to the Aditya of sign placed in 4th house from the natal sun, assures that native never faces shortage of food in life.
BAD HOUSES -
1. 2. 3. 4.
2,3,6,8,11,12 are considered bad houses. Ka- is believed to brahmakshar according to karpuradi stotra of kali. So life was created from ‘ka’ akshar. Tri- three ‘ka’= 3,6,11. Trika houses (3rd, 6th and 11th) are believed to be srushti sthan of brahma. If lagnesh goes 3,6,11, person becomes knowledgeable/intelligent like brahma. From Trika Bhava, 6th house is the biggest dosha bhava. Any planet placed in there, becomes the reason for native’s enmity/ defeat.. Example: If 7th lord is placed in 6th, spouse will be inimical. If 3rd lord in 6th, brother will be inimical. 9th lord in 6th, father will become enemy of the native. If Lagnesh in 6th- person can be his own enemy OR he will be so intelligent that he will come out of all the dosas. -6th house is said to be worst bhava, but if shubh grahas are placed there, person will try to come out of his avagunas. If there are paap grahas in 6th house, person will be more indulged in his paap karmas. When paap grahas are there, lagnesh must be necessarily strong. - When lagnesh goes in to 3,11, person should worship Shiva as 7th is in trines to 3,11. By doing so person’s intelligence will give him success. -When lagnesh goes to 6th house, it is advised to worship Vishnu or to worship mother goddess in saumya roop. But generally natives with such combination worship durga as 10 th house is in trine to 6th house. But person will not like to worship Vishnu/devi as 6th is the marak to 5th house of devotion. - Shiva and mother goddess should always be worshipped together, because they are like parents. So never worship them alone. - Whenever Saturn is in 9th house , it gives veda-vikaar. Sani in 9th aspects 6th house of your own weakness. Such person will criticize Vedas in its dasa, and due to this weakness he will be devoid of good luck. Such natives advised to worship mother, as 10th house is in trines to 6th house, if it is not done then native will suffer in karma bhava. - Lagnesh in 6th house- Native will have expertise in fights, so he should be advised to be lawyer. - In whichever bhava lagnesh sits is called paka lagna. Paka means to ripe. Paka lagna is the intelligence of the native. Strengths and weaknesses of person can be analyzed from paka lagna. - Houses in quadrants and trines from paka lagna are considered to be favorable to native, and houses in 6, 8, and 12 will not be favorable to native. - When 6th house in paka lagan, lagna will fall in 8th from paka lagna. So there are chances of defamation due to some acts of native. -Grahas placed in Kendra/trikona from lagnesh share paraspar karaka relationship with lagnesh.
When good house lords if makes sambandha with bad house lord, it is called duryoga.
When there is duryoga in the chart, malefic becomes benefic and benefic becomes malefic. So astrologers advise to strengthen such malefics to have benefit from the yoga. 3rd is kama bhava, the house of fall. When 9th lord in 3rd or 3rd lord in 9th, father can be characterless or person will have some very bad experiences with guru/father. But if there is a parivartana sambandha between 3rd and 9th lord. After bad experiences with guru/father, person will come out of all this and will become very dharmik. It will happen only when 9th lord is weak, and 3rd lord is strong, because here 3rd lord will act as benefic and 9th as malefic. If there is need, advise gemstone of 3rd house too as it gives raj yoga sometimes. So if 3rd lord is strengthened and 9th lord is weakened, person will be blessed with very strong dharma, and if 9 th lord is strong and 3rd is weak then reverse can happen. Example: 1. Ex prime minister PV Narasima Rao had Virgo lagna, with sun, mars and mercury in the 10 th house. Here sun and mars were functional malefic due to ownership of bad houses, and due to conjunction with functional benefic mercury, sun and mars became auspicious planets for him and mercury became inauspicious for him. So sun and mars gave power to him in their dasa, where as mercury made him fall in dasa. He had worn red coral in his middle finger (Arth trikon placement of mars) and became PM of India in mars dasa, and in sun dasa he had become CM of Andhra Pradesh 2. Aquarius lagna chart with exchange between 6th lord moon and 10th lord mars. So mars owning good house became functional malefic, so its debilitation is considered good, but moon’s debilitation is not good as it became functional benefic due to this exchange so native can be advised to wear a pearl or chant mantra of mother goddess. 3. Scorpio lagna chart with 3rd and 5th lord in exchange, so 3rd lord Saturn should be strengthened, and as Saturn is in the mantra bhava, do mantra related to Saturn or deity related to Saturn. Don’t donate, things related to Saturn as it will make the planet weaker. If 9th house was involved, then person would have been advised to go to temple -
When 2 functional malefics get involved in sambandha, they both must be weakened to get good results Example: In Pisces lagan chart, if 6th lord sun and 8th lord in venus in exchange, they both must be weakened. But sun here already became weak due to debilitation and sun is resources, so native must be doing very well financially. But venus is not debilitated or finished (MKS), as Leo is not considered clear 6 th house for Pisces, because sun and jupiter are friends, so its mitra-sadashtak and not shatru-shadastak. Mitrashadashtak is not bad because mitra-shadastak helps to come out of avagunas, Whereas shatru shadastak will indulge you more in shadripus. So, if Meena lagna person if worships surya, 6 th house problem will be vanished. But if Aquarius lagna native does some Chandra related pooja, he will end up inviting more problems for him due to shatru-shadastak. -Paap grahas in 5, 9 are always bad, as they directly affect bhagya. So first thing to be strengthened in horoscope in 5th, 9th house. Following are the deities to be worshipped for different paap grahas in trines. Shani- Kali Mangal- Shiva Rahu/ketu- Any form of Guru
DISCUSSION ON MARRIAGE AND NAVAMSA: Vivaaha: Vivaaha is defined as one man and one woman staying together in mind (not necessarily with body), and during that time they will not think of somebody else for one year at least. This definition is given by Lord Krishna in “Mahabharata", and it will be applicable in kaliyuga. 1. Number of fairly strong planets in 7th house, will show the number of spouses person will marry. 2. When 2nd marriage happens without breaking the first marriage, its analysis can be done from the 3 rd house from 7th, i.e. 9th house. -3rd marriage with concurrence of 1st and 2nd marriage will be seen from 11th house (3rd from 9th), and further marriages of such types should be seen in the similar pattern. 3. When 2nd marriage happens after breaking of 1st marriage, it can be analyzed from 2nd house (8th from 7th house) -3rd marriage, will be seen from 9th house (8th from 8th), and further marriages of such types should be seen in the similar pattern.
4. 7th house of rashi chart, shows how you see the marriage. Whereas, 7 th house of d9 shows what fruits you are getting in the marriage. -If rahu is placed in 7th house in rashi chart, then person will have terrible attitude towards his wife. But if simultaneously he is having in jupiter in 7th house in d9, he will be lucky to get a good wife in spite of having bad attitude towards marriage. 5. Placement of lord of the 7th house from venus in rashi chart tells us, from where the spouse will come. If it is placed in fixed signs- Partner will be living very near to you If it is placed in dual signs- Partner will be living little far from you If it is placed in movable signs- Partner will be living very far from you
Male chart: Scorpio lagna, venus in Aquarius, Leo sign in 7th from venus. Lord of Leo, sun in Pisces rashi, whose lord jupiter is placed in Leo forming parivartana sambandha. Due to exchange guru should be considered as the main planet bringing spouse for the native (guru will bring wife for the person). Guru is in fixed sign in d1 and it is in mesha navamsa. Native met his wife during his academics as guru was placed in fixed sign in d1, showing partner residing very near to the native. Female chart: Taurus Ascendant, venus in Capricorn, cancer sign in 7th from. So, moon becomes husband giver here, which is placed in Aquarius (fixed sign). Aquarius moon and Leo jupiter make gajkesari yoga, so marriage will be considered good and fruitful, couple will have nice children. Planets placed in 7th house of d9 will have strong influences on your partners lagna. In above example the male chart had arise sign in 7th house of d9 with jupiter, venus and mercury in it, so these 3planets would be having major influences on wife’s lagna. In wife’s chart lagna lord became Venus (Taurus ascendant), placed in 9th house conjoining mercury and in 5th house there is jupiter. Planets in trines from ascendant influence the nature of the native If you are given two horoscopes and asked query whether these two natives will marry each other or not, then check if Horoscope A’s whole family can be seen from the Horoscope B (when analyzed considering 7th house of Horoscope B as lagna), if it can be seen then it can be concluded that natives with these two horoscope will marry in future.
GRAH MAALIKA YOGA 1. 2. 3.
4. 5. 6.
When 4 or more grahas in line (adjacent houses), this yoga is formed. This yoga is like garland of planets. When planets are involved in Graha Maalika Yoga, they can’t act on their own because they are like tied up in the garland of planets. Generally Starting planet of Graha Maalika Yoga is important, as it is believed that starting should be good. But in Kaliyuga, Ending is given more important. Nowadays end fruits are more important than the way of doing work. Starting of Graha Maalika Yoga is considered as a form of Vishnu/hari, and ending of Graha Maalika Yoga is like a form of Shiva. Last planet in the yoga is controlling planet as its giver of fruits and has controlling power. So it is always important to analyze the last planet in the yoga, house where the yoga ends, and strength of karaka of house. Starting of Yoga gives idea about how will be the start of yoga and motive of the yoga. Example: Pisces ascendant, Jupiter in ascendant, ketu in 2 nd house, moon in 3rd house, mars in 4th house, Saturn in 5th house, venus in 6th house, mercury in 7th house, rahu and sun in the 8th house -Some scholars don’t count ketu in analyzing graha maalika yoga. So there are two methods to see Graha Maalika Yoga. Considering 9planets (Including Ketu) Considering 8planets (Excluding Ketu) -So if we consider ketu in above example then yoga will start from lagna, otherwise from 3 rd house. - In example chart yoga ends in 8th house, which is having bad planetary combination of sun and rahu. So it shows danger to health and longevity. - Vimsottari dasa doesn’t work in presence of Graha Maalika Yoga. Native of above chart suffered from undiagnosed problem related to stomach in vimsottari dasa of jupiter, in spite of having well placed jupiter in lagna. So don’t use vimsottari when Graha Maalika Yoga is present in the chart. - Kalachakra dasa is very good dasa for graha maalika yoga, kaalsarp yoga etc. - Graha Maalika Yoga is type of Sarp Yoga only, as all grahas are in line.
- Shoola dasa can also be applied in Graha Maalika Yoga. According to shoola dasa 4th house was active when the health problem started. 4th house is having mars with graha drasti of rahu, but lord of 4 th house i.e. mercury is having benefic aspect of jupiter, so Jupiter’s remedy can help the native. - When watery planets like venus or moon involved in disease, disease will come through water/food. When fiery planets like sun or mars are involved then problem will come through fire or allergy. - There is Parivartana Yoga between 6th and 8th, and venus is involved in parivartana, so disease will come through food. When earthy planet like mercury is involved, problem will come through some strong smell. Venus here was placed in sign Leo. Fixed and fiery sign show problem coming from eating nonveg food. Moreover Leo sign generally signifies nonveg food, and lord of Leo is sun which signifies egg, so disease came after eating an egg. - There is a simple dasa calculation mentioned for Graha Maalika Yoga in Agni Purana. It is named as “Buddhi Gati Dasa” in Jhora software. Calculating Buddhi Gati Dasa: Buddhi gati dasa normally starts from 4th house planet in it will initiate the first dasa of natives life, the dasa starts at 4th house & ends in lagna i.e. dasa is 9yrs long, 2nd dasa will be off the next planet in the line & ends on 2nd house & also it will be 9yrs long. If planet is exalted then one extra year will be added, and if dasa planet is debilitated then one year will be deducted. Up to 27 years, Buddhi gati dasa of shukra was running and as venus is placed in 6th house so disease came before 27. After venus dasa, mercury dasa came. Mercury became terribly malefic due to aspect of Saturn and mars, so relief is not experienced in its dasa too. Remedy for the disease would be to worship form of Shiva related to planets placed in end of Graha Maalika Yoga. Here Surya debilitated in end in Maalika Yoga, conjoining rahu. So only remedy to get relief in this case is to worship dakshinamurthy form of Shiva.